Rumour Round Up

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Follow up to this. Not that it matters, but the team our Bronze team played in Silver, was a finalist for Coastal Cup.

KIL Phoenix. BC Coastal Boys B Cup

I guess they wanted that Silver trophy badly.

Every so often a silver team goes on a magical run and Leicester wins the EPL. Maybe this is just a great story! However, based on the bc soccer central site the KIL Phoenix were in gold and finished 5th and the Killarney team that was in silver finished 4th. So maybe you've mistaken them....

Just a question - why was your "bronze" team in silver? District 4 has bronze divisions.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
The KIL team that played in Coastal Cup is the team we played. The coach and manager information matches my team list.

This is was in an Indo tournament, KDS to be specific. My team is a Bronze team, and we played in District 5 last year, but we won the first tournament so we figured we would try to play higher in the next.

Pure Folly on us.....lol

But again, I guess a 4-0 loss isnt that bad in the scheme of things. 5th place in Gold out of 14 teams is a big step up for a Bronze team that was middle pack last year. We may face them again this weekend if we make the finals, but 1st we have to get through CCB United or is it SFC United gold team who are playing under AKAL. But this week it wasnt our choice as they put the whole Bronze into Silver or the Silver teams would not have a group (actually both gold, so they should have played gold). Anyway..........

Wish us well.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
The KIL team that played in Coastal Cup is the team we played. The coach and manager information matches my team list.

This is was in an Indo tournament, KDS to be specific. My team is a Bronze team, and we played in District 5 last year, but we won the first tournament so we figured we would try to play higher in the next.

Pure Folly on us.....lol

But again, I guess a 4-0 loss isnt that bad in the scheme of things. 5th place in Gold out of 14 teams is a big step up for a Bronze team that was middle pack last year. We may face them again this weekend if we make the finals, but 1st we have to get through CCB United or is it SFC United gold team who are playing under AKAL. But this week it wasnt our choice as they put the whole Bronze into Silver or the Silver teams would not have a group (actually both gold, so they should have played gold). Anyway..........

Wish us well.

They were silver one year, then moved up to gold. Why is that bad?

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
They were silver one year, then moved up to gold. Why is that bad?

What are you talking about? They are a Gold team, who are playing in Provincials, entering in summer tournaments in Silver, against Bronze teams.

That is whats wrong.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
What are you talking about? They are a Gold team, who are playing in Provincials, entering in summer tournaments in Silver, against Bronze teams.

That is whats wrong.

I read and re-read your post. You are mixing discussion of summer tournaments with fall/winter league play. #dangingparticiple.

You can see why this statement might be confusing! "the team our Bronze team played in Silver, was a finalist for Coastal Cup." ;)

Anyway, it's neither here nor there. But yes, I agree, a "gold" (winter/fall) team that reached coastal cup final should probably not enter a silver summer cup.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
No I am not. I am using their standing in Fall to prove their quality. I specifically said we are playing in a Summer tournament.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
Resolution was passed at the AGM. PUFC will be renamed BC Tigers unless BC Soccer opposes I guess.

I heard the other day that this resolution actually failed but someone deliberately filed the proposed ( failed) change with the registrar for societies. This is what has caused the issue with Pacific United and BC Tigers FC and why Pacific United has played under CCB for spring. I see now there is new SGM for Pacific United on June 7th , curious as to what for...

Shawn Gill

May 27, 2016
I think when BC Tigers took over PUFC fraudulently then PUFC had no choice to play under CCB. Now BC Soccer judiciary made BC Tigers to revert every thing back.

Shawn Gill

May 27, 2016
And not just that, word is BC Tigers also took over PUFC bank account fraudulently. Thats messed up. I wonder when they have thier own club what they gonna bring to the community. Good luck Newton.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I have lots of friends around Newton running, managing, coaching, and playing in all of the clubs.

There are very good people in all of them, BCT, CCB, SFC, etc.

It's a shame when the actions of a few impact the lives of so many.

Hopefully now that everyone has their own club we can get back to whats important and that's kids playing soccer.

Of course this will most likely not be the case for a while.

Next year will be interesting with the South Fraser District an ensuring all of the needs of each club are met. this will be a huge task with so many OLD and NEW egos involved.

Lastman

Jun 13, 2016
South Fraser District will help to diminish the control within the SMSA and hopefully the district can get back to serving the players rather than their own egos.

It's funny how the same club - BCTigers was involved in the whole saga with CCB but yet were the ones getting the benefit of the Spring/Summer players once CCB was suspended and now the same club BCTigers is involved in the fiasco with PUFC. Wouldn't be surprised at all if BCTigers ended up back with CCB.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
I heard the other day that this resolution actually failed but someone deliberately filed the proposed ( failed) change with the registrar for societies. This is what has caused the issue with Pacific United and BC Tigers FC and why Pacific United has played under CCB for spring. I see now there is new SGM for Pacific United on June 7th , curious as to what for...

Anyone who does wrong should be punished and surely the person who deliberately filed with the registrar of societies can be identified

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
I think when BC Tigers took over PUFC fraudulently then PUFC had no choice to play under CCB. Now BC Soccer judiciary made BC Tigers to revert every thing back.
And not just that, word is BC Tigers also took over PUFC bank account fraudulently. Thats messed up. I wonder when they have thier own club what they gonna bring to the community. Good luck Newton.

Its good that these things are coming out now publicly and any who has done anything fraudently should surely be punished and should be suspended from soccer for many years !

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
South Fraser District will help to diminish the control within the SMSA and hopefully the district can get back to serving the players rather than their own egos.

It's funny how the same club - BCTigers was involved in the whole saga with CCB but yet were the ones getting the benefit of the Spring/Summer players once CCB was suspended and now the same club BCTigers is involved in the fiasco with PUFC. Wouldn't be surprised at all if BCTigers ended up back with CCB.

BC Tigers pops up again !!!!!!!!!

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Anyone who does wrong should be punished and surely the person who deliberately filed with the registrar of societies can be identified
The Society Act is a largely unknown Act - although ignorance is not a defence (rightly so) it may well be they had no idea they did something wrong.

That said, can someone please define "fraudulently" for me please specific to this scenario. It's my understanding the people who voted were members of the club so I am not exactly sure what was fraudulent if they were members. My point is I am just looking for more info - the main reason is because I am part of an NFP board and am looking to build my knowledge base. ACE BC is a great resource to confirm info re: the Act, FYI.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
The Society Act is a largely unknown Act - although ignorance is not a defence (rightly so) it may well be they had no idea they did something wrong.

That said, can someone please define "fraudulently" for me please specific to this scenario. It's my understanding the people who voted were members of the club so I am not exactly sure what was fraudulent if they were members. My point is I am just looking for more info - the main reason is because I am part of an NFP board and am looking to build my knowledge base. ACE BC is a great resource to confirm info re: the Act, FYI.
I think fraudulently was used loosely in this case, much like illegal and conflict of interest are misused words by many from a legal perceptive. In general conversion and in reading the statement I would say the word fraudulently was used to suggest money went missing.... or at least spent on something not agreed to by all. I suggest we just stick to what is known;
1. Fact : There was meeting to change the name Pacific United FC to BC Tigers FC - this SGM would have been called by the executives so there was enough will within the group to put it to vote.
2. Rumour: Motion was apparently defeated, however someone still registered the name change somewhere..
3. Rumour: This created a battle for control , Pacific United no longer officially existed so they went under CCB banner for spring.
4. Rumour :We now hear BC Tigers has filed separately to become a member of BC Soccer and both clubs will exist this fall.
5. Fact: There was another SGM for Pacific United June 7 - haven't heard what for or the results of....
6. Rumours: hostile take over, including miss use of accounts ...

From this we all draw our own conclusions.

Back