Rumour Round Up

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Fun fact.

BC Tigers are already based in Tom Binnie with a renovated storage/board room.

So we have BC Tigers FC and BC Lions FC playing 2 different kinds of football right next to each other.

And Im happy they are not Newton Based as this makes things a little easier there. Even though they most likely will have field time.

Watch out Guildford....lol

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
Fun fact.

BC Tigers are already based in Tom Binnie with a renovated storage/board room.

So we have BC Tigers FC and BC Lions FC playing 2 different kinds of football right next to each other.

And Im happy they are not Newton Based as this makes things a little easier there. Even though they most likely will have field time.

Watch out Guildford....lol
LOL seems CCB has invaded Hjorth Road this Spring ....

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
BCT Hjorth 1, CCB Hjorth 2 from what I experienced last Friday.

Good times.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
I don't post much ... but let me tell you guys what I know from my sources...

PUFC is no more (BC Soccer has confirmed). New club is BC Tigers FC. Bout of half of the teams that were with PUFC are now back with BCT... a couple went to Temple for summer (and will most likely play under SFC in winter). With whatever that was left PUFC has agreed to shake hands with CCB (Cdn Eagles in the summer)

As for summer tournaments... Cdn Eagles & Akal (both under CCB in winter) were not invited to the upcoming tournament, which is being hosted jointly by AIFC (Abbottsford) and Van United (Surrey). As a protest most of GN teams also did not enter this tournament (except for 1).

CCB has announced a tournament to be held in June... Eagles / Akal / GN teams will definately be there.

Regardless of the fact what few of these individuals (so called community leaders) say and do against to undermine the other clubs... I'm happy to see that kids are still getting to play soccer this summer, whether thru spring league or USSL or USSA (now defunct, but renamed to whatever else) or other summer tournaments.

Good day!
Not to read too much into things but i find your wording curious. You choose to name the Summer Clubs as the main clubs and the winter clubs has the banner they summer club play under in winter. As oppose to the other way.
Is that not in itself part of the issue... summer clubs trying to become year round clubs...it also creates so much confusion for parents...Seems the loyalty is with the summer clubs , when it should be the other way ...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
SFC, CCB, BCT (Grass for sure), Temple United.

Yesterday Newton was a ZOO. It's hard to tell who's who, but the fields are filled to capacity.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
SFC, CCB, BCT (Grass for sure), Temple United.

Yesterday Newton was a ZOO. It's hard to tell who's who, but the fields are filled to capacity.
yeah here is the link to the allocations:

http://www.surrey.ca/files/Synthetic Turf Allocations spring for web 2016.pdf

Also interesting Shaheem Alii is on the Surrey Outdoor sports activity committee ,we is in charge of soccer field allocations for spring/summer

Outdoor Sports Advisory Committee (OSAC) | City of Surrey

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Guess I was off on that one. BCT has practice time at Hjorth, But CCB has field time.
yeah here is the link to the allocations:

http://www.surrey.ca/files/Synthetic Turf Allocations spring for web 2016.pdf

Also interesting Shaheem Alii is on the Surrey Outdoor sports activity committee ,we is in charge of soccer field allocations for spring/summer

Outdoor Sports Advisory Committee (OSAC) | City of Surrey

Judging by the allocations it all seems fair to me. I only wish they grouped the clubs together better so that there is less arguments when your time slot is up. And it happens frequently.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
I don't post much ... but let me tell you guys what I know from my sources...

PUFC is no more (BC Soccer has confirmed). New club is BC Tigers FC. Bout of half of the teams that were with PUFC are now back with BCT... a couple went to Temple for summer (and will most likely play under SFC in winter). With whatever that was left PUFC has agreed to shake hands with CCB (Cdn Eagles in the summer)

As for summer tournaments... Cdn Eagles & Akal (both under CCB in winter) were not invited to the upcoming tournament, which is being hosted jointly by AIFC (Abbottsford) and Van United (Surrey). As a protest most of GN teams also did not enter this tournament (except for 1).

CCB has announced a tournament to be held in June... Eagles / Akal / GN teams will definately be there.

Regardless of the fact what few of these individuals (so called community leaders) say and do against to undermine the other clubs... I'm happy to see that kids are still getting to play soccer this summer, whether thru spring league or USSL or USSA (now defunct, but renamed to whatever else) or other summer tournaments.

Great post above by Indo-soccer

Last edited by a moderator:

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
GN, VUFC, BCT summer clubs possibly getting approved for fall. A couple are 98% there. Looks like PUFC is keeping their club as well.........

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
GN, VUFC, BCT summer clubs possibly getting approved for fall. A couple are 98% there. Looks like PUFC is keeping their club as well.........

I,m so pleased that PUFC are keeping their club , guys like Derrick ,Kam and Brad put in a lot of effort and it would have been an injustice if the dirty politics of others had finished them off

socceroo

Sep 21, 2015
Interesting enough I am reffing games at Newton and see PUFC teams walking onto field wearing Akal FC uniform.

I am told by these folks that they did not have clue PUFC playing as to wearing Akal FC. This is their first games and were just handed these unforms.

So based on what I read in the forum that Akal FC, GN and CE are CCB Partners.It appears as if PUFC is in bed with Akal FC. The plot thickens.....

This hints that Akal FC maybe departing for PUFC. (atleast by sounds of it from the PUFC/Akal FC folks that I talked yesterday).

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I think that these are the teams involved in the CCB Spring League (actually Langley League). I'm assuming when they registered these teams were told they would be in a couple of tournaments during the season. CCB decided which uniform to put on them and most likely means nothing in the whole Scheme of things. These clubs aligning this way is due to the restructuring of the new USFA league.

There were many reports of teams getting their uniforms immediately prior to the games. Same thing happened with my opponent in u15 silver. The team we played looked to be made up of the CCB Whitecaps Div 1 team, with some "IDENTIFIED" D1/Metro/BCSPL players from Cloverdale, Guildford, and Langley sprinkled in.

My Bronze level team won the 1st tournament in Silver against Silver level teams. This tournament we played in Silver again, but against 2 x Div 1 teams. CCB Whitecaps, and KIL Phoenix .Losing 5-0 and 4-0. What a joy it must be to take stacked D1 teams and play in Silver for a trophy.

Anyway, I was proud of my boys for hanging in there. Tough losses, but respectable for what it is.

OMG, sorry for the rant...........lol

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Winning youth trophies that no one will remember 2 weeks from now is critical isn't it?

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Winning youth trophies that no one will remember 2 weeks from now is critical isn't it?

Its nice to have success. I have my share of trophies as well but I enter in my division or higher and never bring outside players just to win. This is the issue.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
Its unfortunate but for some winning some low level local youth tournament is like winning the Champions league....and they will do anything to win it....

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Its unfortunate but for some winning some low level local youth tournament is like winning the Champions league....and they will do anything to win it....

to be fair it happens in the fall tournaments as well. I always find it funny that we play a team regularly. We get to know the coach and the players. Then we meet them in a tournament. The roster ballooned. Then the players who are regulars sit on the bench.

What does this prove? How can the parents of those players pay the fees and stomach it while their kid sits?

I don't get it.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
to be fair it happens in the fall tournaments as well. I always find it funny that we play a team regularly. We get to know the coach and the players. Then we meet them in a tournament. The roster ballooned. Then the players who are regulars sit on the bench.

What does this prove? How can the parents of those players pay the fees and stomach it while their kid sits?

I don't get it.
I hear you and Its frustrating, its cheating , if you could prove it you could protest a result but for me it just isn't worth the effort. Its nice to win yes,but personally I use tournaments for development purposes, trying new formations, team building etc.. If I add to my roster its because regulars are missing and I pull from the div below and give some of those players a chance to play up for a weekend. teams that pull players from above or older ages groups are cheats plain and simple...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I hear you and Its frustrating, its cheating , if you could prove it you could protest a result but for me it just isn't worth the effort. Its nice to win yes,but personally I use tournaments for development purposes, trying new formations, team building etc.. If I add to my roster its because regulars are missing and I pull from the div below and give some of those players a chance to play up for a weekend. teams that pull players from above or older ages groups are cheats plain and simple...

Totally. I like to get the kids as much playing time as possible each year. And pick ups are a part of tournaments some times. But if your own players are not playing then it doesn't make sense.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I think that these are the teams involved in the CCB Spring League (actually Langley League). I'm assuming when they registered these teams were told they would be in a couple of tournaments during the season. CCB decided which uniform to put on them and most likely means nothing in the whole Scheme of things. These clubs aligning this way is due to the restructuring of the new USFA league.

There were many reports of teams getting their uniforms immediately prior to the games. Same thing happened with my opponent in u15 silver. The team we played looked to be made up of the CCB Whitecaps Div 1 team, with some "IDENTIFIED" D1/Metro/BCSPL players from Cloverdale, Guildford, and Langley sprinkled in.

My Bronze level team won the 1st tournament in Silver against Silver level teams. This tournament we played in Silver again, but against 2 x Div 1 teams. CCB Whitecaps, and KIL Phoenix .Losing 5-0 and 4-0. What a joy it must be to take stacked D1 teams and play in Silver for a trophy.

Anyway, I was proud of my boys for hanging in there. Tough losses, but respectable for what it is.

OMG, sorry for the rant...........lol

Follow up to this. Not that it matters, but the team our Bronze team played in Silver, was a finalist for Coastal Cup.

KIL Phoenix. BC Coastal Boys B Cup

I guess they wanted that Silver trophy badly.

Back