Four District Youth Soccer 2017/18

Discussion in 'Youth Leagues & Cups' started by Total -Base, Jun 27, 2017.

1. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    exactly ;)

2. Total -Base

Total -Base Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    It does not matter where you play,what matters is what kind of coach you have. As a youth player it is all about your skill development. wins and loses really don't mean a thing. Making mega clubs or mega districts is just a paper work. Most of them paper pushers never played a game. What I do not like when directors cheat in youth development. TD try's to run two districts or clubs to cheat and get his kids to higher level. Just look at Burnaby head guy and you will see it. The trouble is most kids selected do not have speed for today's game. Kids get shafted at the end and parents pay through their noses and leave bitter for years. All this can be changed with one right person to direct the flow properly. There is kids that play soccer for seven years and yet can not juggle the ball seven times. Ask your self why and what is wrong with your TD and your coach. Fraser Valley has tons of kids one guy with proper program could rebuild our National program in five years. Fighting for a spot on HPL means nothing. System is totally unfair due to BC Soccer not looking what is going on. I do know Rob knows the game and should kick all that rich kids only crap out. Cheers no better development than summer tournaments in BC and US. Div one soccer in US is all you need if you really want to be soccer player. Tournaments across the line is only way forward for all the good players from BC. Hats off to Zico for good job with kids.

3. Soccer_dude

Soccer_dude Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I love how total base always reiterates the Burnaby TD having 2 positions. Does that mean he gets 2 separate pay cheques? I think I know who he's talking about though.

But TD's have easy jobs. They could make an upwards of 60k a year & do what really? I hardly see any coach development, player development is minimal at best. All I really know is they respond to hundreds of email complaints by parents who feel there kid should get more playing time. That & organize tryouts which these days is just a game. There probably some good TD's out there but not many

4. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    You must have quite a negative experience. I have experience with two TD's - while every TD has up/down (as with everything) these two work very hard within the constraints their board/budgets put upon them to deliver quality programming to address coach and player development. In the end lack of player development has to be answered to by the CSA, and BCSA.

5. Total -Base

Total -Base Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Burnabu guy also runs a club in Vancouver. To me that is how all that pouching starts. One try's to sit on two chairs almost every time will end up on his ars. The biggest problem is over coaching of kids at young age. Most get turned off by fourteen due to over pushing on win loss. KIds need to learn skill and play tournaments every three weeks to develop skill. TD's charge kids for try out question is do they report the money they get. You will only get best players out if the program cost zillch. CSA has nothing to do with kids. It falls to each Province the way it sits now. CSA is funded by kids do you think they will rock the boat. Most up there get 150 000.00 a year for very little showing. If you did watch Costarica vs Canada game you would see what I am talking about. We work hard buy skill level is three out of ten. We do not need TD's we need better coaching. But first we must admit that this is the problem.

6. Soccer_dude

Soccer_dude Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You catch that USA Martinique game? Super entertaining. Sat threw the whole thing.

Canada is still a ways away. Don't have too much quality upfront. Though a couple more players come threw like Davies & there might be some hope.

7. Total -Base

Total -Base Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    We are OK on D as far as Canada goes and always did. The trouble is in last third our players always drive forward and turn the ball over way much. Young Davies has got ways to get there. He try's hard and runs but in tight still turns the ball over. I was watching their last game and can say that Findley is doing a better job than guys before him. As far as youth development goes it is not doing a thing for Canada. Twenty year old men should be ready to play any country or they just do not have it. No coach can spend time to teach men in National program. We are way behind on strength on the ball and movement off the ball.
    They have my clip board could have helped them. Biggest problem is in coaching instructors. Coaches teach what they were thought.
    Most read books and coach from sheets. Knowing that each player needs are totally different, it is just dumb to work will all of them on a same thing.

8. Total -Base

Total -Base Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Again our men just can not score a goal. Team plays hard but can not score. Even with Actavio Zambrano at helm we get sent home.
    Youth coaches must let our kids dribble up top to lean the game better. Few good things I did see, team is much younger three guys off of Caps were in starting eleven. Dejong gets shafted with Caps, plays very little yet with Canada he played his heart out and played allot. Cheers young man. Actavio best of luck.