CCB Suspension Crisis

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
The transfer of funds to summer clubs should not really be a stumbling block as that has been status quo in the district for years. By many clubs. Even the people complainging were in a club accepting payments last year. I hope that all summer registrations or relationships are removed from every club in the district, that is unless they are registering for a BC SOCCER regulated league under that clubs livery.

I think the biggest issue was the manipulation of the AGM and the eligibility of the the voters. Many longterm members of the club were not able to participate and elect the executives properly. From the womens side they have demanded a new AGM prior to the end of October, but many people who were members at the time of the AGM are no longer eligible because they, or their coaches have moved elsewhere. So now they will hold re-elctions and the possibility of the same people being in charge is very likely. This must be a major stumbling block.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
It is my understanding that CCB requested to use mail rather than in person discipline procedures in the beginning. They have met one time in person. This all takes time.

I'm not sure what things are like in other dstricts, but as a parent the actions from both sides of this issue are really outrageous and I'm sure it has made more than one parent rethink their childs participation in club soccer.

Last edited:

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
From the SMSA website:

Based on reports we have received and subsequent observations, the Club has alleged to have broken the above rule(s) by:
1) Behavior unbecoming of a member of the association

1. The club is alleged to be running and/or participating in a non-sanctioned spring/summer league.
  2. The club has not been forthcoming in providing information requested by the District.
  3. The club is alleged to have made attempts to manipulate 2014/15 Club AGM Date.
  4. The club is alleged to have made attempts to manipulate Voting eligibility for the 2014/15 AGM.
  5. The club is alleged to have provided incomplete spring league registrants’ information to the District.
Since receiving the allegations/complaints, the SMSA has launched a separate investigation. Due to the grievous allegations in the complaints and pursuant to BC Soccer’s Discipline Policy and Procedure, Section 1.7, the SMSA is suspending the Club’s membership in the SMSA until the outcome of a Discipline Hearing.

If the rules allow for suspension based on allegations, me thinks the rules need to be looked at and up for revision. BC Soccer really needs to step in a figure something out here (if they haven't already) because this is affecting so many people now across the region.

The lack of communication from all parties is alarming to me.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Until a decision is made based on the evidence they must use the term alleged. Even if you see someone commit a crime and they are charged it is still alleged until proven.

Even though I have seen things with my own eyes (AGM), I think the people who brought up the issues did use a bit of a spray and pray approach here.

To me this is a power struggle pure and simple. On both sides.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
Just posted on CCB website...just in time for weekend tournaments?!

SMSA lifts suspension
Fri, Sep 04 2015

CCB has now been reinstated by the SMSA and will resume all soccer duties effective immediately.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
So I notice that in our U16MSL division, not one CCB game has been played. They are listed as "canceled". My guess is that they are being given time to train before any games are played-but this is just a guess. Does anyone here know for sure what's going on with this?

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I was following this division and there were results listed previously (2 wins). Maybe an error or protest.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
No, that wouldn't make any sense. They were scheduled to play last season's Coastal Cup and Provincials winner. No way they were outmatched. I haven't seen any standings posted yet, in 3 weeks.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
S
So I notice that in our U16MSL division, not one CCB game has been played. They are listed as "canceled". My guess is that they are being given time to train before any games are played-but this is just a guess. Does anyone here know for sure what's going on with this?

So I talked to the former coach (who had coached the team in previous years) and this is what he told me.

He went to India and came back on the 7th. During that time CCB sent him an email basically telling him that he was no longer needed and that the team would be re-formed with new tryouts. He protested and the matter is under appeal with SMSA. So he is waiting to see if he will get the Metro spot, maybe under a different club, so we'll have to wait and see what happens next.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
This u16 metro situation is a big mess. You have a full team that were selected and paid close to a grand, in March, and then you have a club that wants to align their own people (interests) so they cull that team, and add a new one. BC Soccer has a big mess to deal with here. Honestly I think once the team is selected and payment is made this kind of thing shouldnt happen.

juninho

Aug 25, 2015
That's terrible, so those kids are having to find new teams to play for? If any of them wanna play up a year...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Looks like the original coach (gurvinder mahil) won the protest and has his spot back. They are now listed as CCB SFC selects.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
Looks like the original coach (gurvinder mahil) won the protest and has his spot back. They are now listed as CCB SFC selects.
I'm glad to hear Gurvinder won the protest. Yes, they're back in and won their first game yesterday. What an absolute mess it's all become!

Back