CCB Suspension Crisis

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
As many may or may not know, earlier this Summer the Central City Breakers club was suspended by both the boys and girls districts for alleged rule violations.

Since that time, the girls side has lifted the suspension and registrations at CCB are open for females.

The boys side is a different story and as of now, no word on when / if a resolution is forth-coming. This in turn has affected all of 5 District as schedules for the season cannot move forward as long as this uncertainty remains.

Does anyone have some further info?

Please no negative rants nor political shenanigans :rolleyes:

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
As of today there is an update on CCB website indicating the boys side are able to begin registration again.

"CCB is proud to announce that the we will now be accepting registrations for all boys teams. Girls registration has been open for since Aug 21, please continue to get your registrations in."

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
@easoccer

Excellent news, thanks for sharing and great to hear the boys are going to be able to play!

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
But what does that mean? It does not say that they have been reinstated like the girls club has been.
Was thinking the same thing after I posted earlier today. Asked a couple of people I know about it but they weren't clear either.

Wish someone down at BC Soccer would pull a finger out and do something on this issue. :rolleyes:

@Vern

Aug 27, 2015
Was thinking the same thing after I posted earlier today. Asked a couple of people I know about it but they weren't clear either.

Wish someone down at BC Soccer would pull a finger out and do something on this issue. :rolleyes:
Reg:
I would think a response from SMSA would suffice. A statement from them could help to dissolve the situation.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Reg:
I would think a response from SMSA would suffice. A statement from them could help to dissolve the situation.
You would think but so far they haven't responded. The girls did a bit ago, so what's the hold-up on the boys side?

With an issue the magnitude this one is, wouldn't it be prudent for the governing body for the sport in this province to be involved?

I REALLY hope this doesn't come down to people being on Summer holidays so a resolution can't be made until 'everyone' is available...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I would figure the issue with the boys side is that SMSA has people on the board that are also complaintants and board members from other clubs who support the complaint (SFC). Coming to a fair conclusion will be tough. BC Soccer wants the district to deal with it. SMSA wants BC Soccer to step in.

Ultimately seeing the open registration is a good sign that a conclusion is coming very soon. Or at the very least some of the important steps to a resolution are in place.

The kids are the most important aspect of all of this and everyone involved should put their interests aside to get going again.

FromtheNer

Aug 27, 2015
I see some CCB teams on the schedule now. I assume they have been reinstated? I don't see any announcement here nor on their website. It sure would be nice to have this issued resolved as it could change the posted schedules if they are not back in play.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Yeah, it is strange that both the SMSA and CCB organisations have not put out a definitive statement. Both seemed pretty quick to put stuff out there at the front end of this debacle.

In any event, with the inclusion of CCB boys teams in the current schedules, I think it is safe to assume they are officially re-instated.

Of course that is the proverbial kiss of death and everything will be ripped apart before the season starts. Thanks Regs :rolleyes:

:)

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
I follow a number of the key players on Twitter. As of yesterday, they haven't heard back from SMSA. It seems as though they're proceeding as if it's business as usual. If they had been, they would put out a statement, as they did when the Girls side lifted it.
However, we all want the kids to play so hopefully it's resolved shortly. :)

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
My understanding is that they are putting CCB in the schedule and allowing registration in anticipation of a resolution, but at this point they have not actually been given the go ahead by SMSA to play in any games. CCB is hoping for reinstatement so they can take part in the SX Cup and other local tournaments over labour day, etc but it is not official yet.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
I follow a number of the key players on Twitter. As of yesterday, they haven't heard back from SMSA. It seems as though they're proceeding as if it's business as usual. If they had been, they would put out a statement, as they did when the Girls side lifted it.
However, we all want the kids to play so hopefully it's resolved shortly. :)
Thanks for chiming in @LauraH !

Please do share if you see/hear anything through twitter!

Cheers,

Regs.

rich

Aug 20, 2015
CCB may have been added to the schedule, but it sure is all over the place...for instance, all of their U15 teams are in Div 1 or Div 4. Groups and schedules are going to majorly change..I really hope this gets resolved this week, and clear communication from SMSA and CCB is available...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
For the most part, I think all of the DIV 1 teams are where they were in the past (does look like they have claimed a GAC div 1 team and moved a strong div 2 team to div 1). Of their Div 2 teams from last year, 1 is in SFC now and another up to PUFC Div 1, Rangers up to Div 1. There is another team in Div 4, Barcelona, that was in Div 2 last year, albeit without much success, but they may have lost playuers to facilitate all the Div 1 teams. Their Div 3 team is now in Guildford.

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Ah, that explains it. I'm not in the loop of the movement between CCB-GAC-SFC, etc. Thanks for the info. :)

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Ok so hopefully the kids can play. But, if the teams are re-instated, and the club is guilty of what I think is a very serious rule violation legally and ethically what are the consequences to be!?

FromtheNer

Aug 27, 2015
Ok so hopefully the kids can play. But, if the teams are re-instated, and the club is guilty of what I think is a very serious rule violation legally and ethically what are the consequences to be!?

I agree with TKBC; What are the consequences? getting rid of the CCB executive is not the answer and enough.There must be some sort of penalty guidelines in the SMSA constitution about this sort of indiscretion. They may be in tough penalizing CCB only when allegedly other clubs have done the same offence.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
I would figure the issue with the boys side is that SMSA has people on the board that are also complaintants and board members from other clubs who support the complaint (SFC). Coming to a fair conclusion will be tough. BC Soccer wants the district to deal with it. SMSA wants BC Soccer to step in.

"Innocent until proven guilty" but it seems SMSA decided " Guilty until proven innocent" . Now it seems the SMSA is using delay tactics -surely BC Soccer should step in and lift the ban

Back