4DL & 5DL Merging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
In Delta District anyway, the clubs were given discretion on what day their U18 boys played, with the proviso that they pick a day and stick with it. I know for us in South Delta, we had the U18 home games on Sundays, as we had more available field space (more boys teams than girls), especially when the weather got crappy and everything moved to turf.

When I coached in Burnaby back in the dark ages, at U18 we played a fair number of Friday night matches.

I would guess that a big part of it is field availability..

the u18 season may be the most difficult for many reasons, including the difficult-to-predict schedules.

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
My experience over the past 7 years -- girls always played Sundays and boys on Saturdays. Exceptions - some valley clubs (Abbotsford/Chilliwack?) had girls on Saturdays instead of Sunday. I presume boys played either Saturday/Sunday with fewer girls teams needing field time in the outlying districts. Girls (older ages) typically did not play Friday evenings (normally).

I am having trouble finding any type of documents pertaining to scheduling from past years. The document link on the 4districsoccer pointing to rules and regulations is broken so I will ask here. My question is on what days do U18 boys play their games in Div1? My understanding in District 5 it was mostly on Sundays, is this correct? Does anyone know which days 4 district plays their U18 games?

Sure would be nice of their was someplace to get information on youth soccer other than this forum. If not for this I would never have known 5 district is gone.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
when I coached my son in u18 we were asked what our preference was from fri-sun. Like rich said though, there is usually more field space on sundays.

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
My experience over the past 7 years -- girls always played Sundays and boys on Saturdays. Exceptions - some valley clubs (Abbotsford/Chilliwack?) had girls on Saturdays instead of Sunday. I presume boys played either Saturday/Sunday with fewer girls teams needing field time in the outlying districts. Girls (older ages) typically did not play Friday evenings (normally).

The "Operating Guides" for 4DSL and 5DSL say boys generally play Saturdays but older teams (U17/18) may play their home games on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Here is the section from 2017-2018 BCCGSL Operating Guide:
---cut-here---
3.3 Days of play

League games have traditionally been scheduled for Sunday; however, teams in the U12-U18 Divisions may play their regular home games on Friday night, Saturday or Sunday provided intent to play home games on Friday or Saturday was given with affiliation. These teams shall have FRI or SAT incorporated in their team name.

Allowable start times for games on weekends are:

• Saturday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm

• Sunday 9:00 am* to 7:00 pm (U12-U15 teams should not play a league game on a Saturday or Sunday that ends later than 8:00 pm unless agreed to by both teams)

• Friday night games can start no earlier than 6:30 pm and end no later than 9:00 pm. No Friday games are permitted in which a team must travel via BC Ferries.

Teams situated in areas with more inclement winter weather conditions will have their home games front-ended loaded in the schedule.

*Some Districts can only provide turf to their U12 teams with earlier than 9:00 am start times. It is the responsibility of the home team to inform the visiting team in a timely manner and gain consent. If consent is not forthcoming, the home team must move the game start to the allowable times set out above.
---cut-here---

Last edited:

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
10am for away teams if opposed. many 9am games were scheduled in district 5. usually between local clubs.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
10am for away teams if opposed. many 9am games were scheduled in district 5. usually between local clubs.

indeed my u17's played a 9am game once in d5....because I didn't read the rules about 10am ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back