4DL & 5DL Merging?

Discussion in 'Youth Leagues & Cups' started by southsloper, Jun 21, 2017.

1. favour

favour Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. favour

favour Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    or u can type on google 4 district soccer

3. Soccer_dude

Soccer_dude Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Anyone want to make predictions how schedules & cup play will look?

If you combine both leagues, in some age groups there will be 30 + teams. Our we looking at groups of 6-8 ? Based on last years standings? Random selection?

I do hope the cup play is how the 5d did it with group play then top 2 play in the final. Better then a one off.

4. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 2
    Should make it easy to merge the girls down the road. (BC Coastal Girls Soccer League) Or at the least have a similar name so they appear in unison. Plus It bring some relation in name to the bc coastal cup.

5. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    It occurred to me that for "B" coastal cup teams have to be designated silver or gold on the forms (or if a lower level I suppose file the paperwork to challenge?). Regardless, league name and indication on forms are not related.

I am all for simple and clear - tier 1-10 is simplest, and clearest ;)

6. favour

favour Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So you are saying that sliver and gold will be in the BC coastal cup

7. easoccer

Ratings:
    +233 / 2
    They could be, but the teams would have to make it through playdowns first. Historically Silver and/or div 2 teams have been included.

8. favour

favour Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what are play Downs

9. easoccer

Ratings:
    +233 / 2
    its an elimination playoff from teams in the same dtstrict to determine who goes to the Coastal Cup. In SMSA of previous years it was Called the Sandra Duncan Cup. Not sure how it will be handled this year.

10. favour

favour Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh and the tri cities are in this new league

11. rich

rich Active Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0
    For Boys Coastal B Cup, there will be 12 lower mainland spots....8 district winners, and 4 wild cards. Wild cards will be based on standings from Gold 1 only.

Gold 2 and Silver can enter District Playdowns, as in previous years.

At least, that's how I understand it. Everything seems to be very fluid.

The new league will be run with 4-District rules. No retiering after Christmas for league cup as in 5-District. Single game knockout

12. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    every district is now. West Vancouver to Chilliwack, Richmond to Maple Ridge.

13. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    Single game knockout after Christmas? so some teams will have a 3.5 month season Sept-early Dec, and then 1 game in January? Then district games, which are also knockout? That would be a terrible decision.

14. rich

rich Active Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0
    Not exactly - you play 3 or 4 weeks of league games, then everyone plays their first round cup game. A couple more weeks, then next round. Once it gets to a certain point, then those teams out just play their league games, while the teams still in cup competition play those matches. At least, that is how I remember it from my time in Burnaby 12 years ago...

I think you end up with more league games. 14 maybe, rather than 10 or 11?

15. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    The more games the better. The season ends far too quickly IMO. I see no reason some teams are done by February.

District 4 used to have a similar set-up where they mixed-in league cup weekends with league schedule. I quite liked that set-up. At first it was D5 when it was knock-out. Then they changed it to round robin. Then they moved the round robin to the end of the season as it's currently set-up.

I like having cup games mixed-in. It just mixes up the experience for the kids somewhat - although I really like the tiering round robin system D5 had - it would not surprise me at all to see the combined districts switch to that in the nearish future. The tiering system for cups makes a lot of sense because it gives every team a chance to play meaningful games again at the end of the season as they are matched with similar quality opponents top to bottom (though you always gotta feel bad for the top group teams that finished 5-6 in the league....they generally don't do so well in their cup group!).

16. Krutov

Krutov Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I am having trouble finding any type of documents pertaining to scheduling from past years. The document link on the 4districsoccer pointing to rules and regulations is broken so I will ask here. My question is on what days do U18 boys play their games in Div1? My understanding in District 5 it was mostly on Sundays, is this correct? Does anyone know which days 4 district plays their U18 games?

Sure would be nice of their was someplace to get information on youth soccer other than this forum. If not for this I would never have known 5 district is gone.