2015/2016 Hosted Schedules

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Oh and from losing players prior to the season kick off in the past I can tell you that individual players are free to do as they wish prior to the first game, and even after that prior to the deadline in January as long as it can't be proven they were poached.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Oh and from losing players prior to the season kick off in the past I can tell you that individual players are free to do as they wish prior to the first game, and even after that prior to the deadline in January as long as it can't be proven they were poached.

I,m shocked and a few more questions ??
If players are signed up and players and parents from rival clubs ask them to join their team - is that poaching ?
Would players need to complete a transfer if its before the 1st game and would they have to pay registration fees to the new club they are moving to ?
Does the original club have to refund their registration fees if they move to another club before the season starts ?

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Now, I'm not saying I am 100% accurate, but I can speak from experience.

If the player is registered and hasnt played the first game then he is not tied to the team/club and can move wherever he wishes as long as he doesnt owe anything and has returned all equipment. NO TRANSFER REQUIRED.

A players refund depends on the clubs policy. I have known clubs to waive registration fees for an incoming player. Especially is that player is strong.

Once he plays the first game he could leave to another team on his own accord only (ie. to play with friends) but it must be before the january transfer deadline and is limited to one trasnfer and paperwork must be filled out. If it can be proven another coach asked him to come then that coach could be in trouble, but it is very hard to prove.

No player can be approached between the teams first and last game of the season.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Now, I'm not saying I am 100% accurate, but I can speak from experience.

If the player is registered and hasnt played the first game then he is not tied to the team/club and can move wherever he wishes as long as he doesnt owe anything and has returned all equipment. NO TRANSFER REQUIRED.

A players refund depends on the clubs policy. I have known clubs to waive registration fees for an incoming player. Especially is that player is strong.

Once he plays the first game he could leave to another team on his own accord only (ie. to play with friends) but it must be before the january transfer deadline and is limited to one trasnfer and paperwork must be filled out. If it can be proven another coach asked him to come then that coach could be in trouble, but it is very hard to prove.

No player can be approached between the teams first and last game of the season.

easoccer u have answered alot of questions re problems that are arising now , especially in Surrey where many players have been enticed over to Surrey Youth from ccb during the 5 week suspension.
Coach,s don,t approach the players its generally the parents approaching the parents and players approaching players

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
easoccer u have answered alot of questions re problems that are arising now , especially in Surrey where many players have been enticed over to Surrey Youth from ccb during the 5 week suspension.
Coach,s don,t approach the players its generally the parents approaching the parents and players approaching players

As a coach one should not have any player on their practice field unless registered to your team. Period. This can get you into trouble.

As for SFC many of the teams heading over there we're registered with bc tigers over the summer and are following the lead of that club by registering with SFC.

I know a lot of parents left ccb due to the agm. That's not to say players aren't being approached because who really knows but they are for sure benefitting from the internal struggle going on at ccb.

Don't be surprised if next year the majority of the teams are back at ccb.

They will find the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
If the club was suspended, not really too sure you can complain about people moving their children to new teams / clubs.

Like all families, each club has it's own quirks and 'in-house' squabbling - it wouldn't be youth amateur sports without :)

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
I have a problem with tiering. For example last year there were teams in Div 3 that were undefeated at tiering (thanksgiving) and werent promoted, while there were teams in Div 2 that were winless and weren't dropped. I understand this is not the job of the people who maintain the site or the standings and is most likely political, but it did bother me last year. And some may say 3-4 games isnt enough to decide, but at the end of the year the 2 teams who werent promoted were 11-1, while there were at least 4 teams in div 2 that had one win for the year.

Don't read too much into tiering and records. Last season my team was 0-0-5 at tiering and had a brutal goal difference to match. I asked our TD not to relegate us and havng seen us play knew that I was right to ask not to be relegated. We ended the season unbeaten over about 15 games, improved our goal difference about +40 (from a big negative to a big positive), won two cups, played in another final, lost a heart breaker in Coastal Cup and did very well down in Seattle as well. Teens are funny creatures. What did we do to improve that much? VERY LITTLE!

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Yeah the divisions should be tiered better and changes should be made to move teams up down . The really strong or weak teams are easily noticeable after 2-3 games.

A question re Metro - how many players allowed to register in Boys from U13 to U18 - is it 18 or 20 ??

This isn't always the case. See my other post about how my team turned it around last season. Had we been placed in the lower tier the other teams would have cried foul in the lower tier that we were sandbagging. Teams that start slow don't always finish slow. Some teams for sure getting smashed to start continue to get smashed throughout - it requires the coach and the TD to be aware of that team ability and mentality to make a fair decision to have them relegated or promoted.

The team that won the tier below us last year went unbeaten. We played them in a cup game and it was competitive game for about 1/2 of it - then it got silly. It would not have been fair to put them up a tier.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
As a coach one should not have any player on their practice field unless registered to your team. Period. This can get you into trouble.

What about mid-season trials for new players who hadn't been registered with anyone that season? ;)

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
There is the issue with insurance, if they get hurt you can be sued. I think every club has a policy regarding this that isnt always followed. If you are comfortable that they aren't spoken for, and they really aren't, then you would be ok as far as poaching is concerned. I was always told in courses to never allow any unregistered player onto the practice field. That does make it tough to scout new players. Sometimes it's a gamble and you may have to take them sight unseen or pass.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Quick note:

Links to the following leagues have been published now on the hosted leagues page:

Fraser Valley Youth Soccer Association
Tri-Cities Youth Soccer Association
Surrey Metro Soccer Association District 1

The first 2 don't have any actual schedules published yet but I won't have the time this week to monitor hourly so I've decided to link to them now anyways so others can monitor as needed.

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
I'm looking at the various schedules and don't see kick off times nor fields being listed for a majority of the games - am I missing something here on how the schedules are to work? How are teams to know the time and where they are playing?

Cheers,

Regs.

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Our club scorekeeper used to email our club scores to Jan Sherman. Who do those go into now?

@Regs, the game schedule doesn't list times and fields for a lot of clubs because with the weather and other changes, those set field can change. This forces the two coaches to actually communicate with each other. I remember 4 years ago, we had a kickoff time posted for my team, and we stuck to it once all year

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Our club scorekeeper used to email our club scores to Jan Sherman. Who do those go into now?
Good question, I was under the assumption the leagues were sorting this all out with the TAGS developer. I'm trying to get some communication going here with someone to get this sorted for everyone and will post here when I get info.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015

@Regs, the game schedule doesn't list times and fields for a lot of clubs because with the weather and other changes, those set field can change. This forces the two coaches to actually communicate with each other. I remember 4 years ago, we had a kickoff time posted for my team, and we stuck to it once all year
Thanks Rich, makes more sense no that you have explained it!

Anant

Sep 14, 2015
Any idea when the TCYSA schedule will be posted? I heard that the season starts Sept 19th...just 5 days to go.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Any idea when the TCYSA schedule will be posted? I heard that the season starts Sept 19th...just 5 days to go.
Hey Anant,

Welcome to the discussion!

I haven't heard anything definitive but I've been checking daily and will post something here as soon as I see links to the schedules posted - of course if anyone else sees, please post here to let others know!

Cheers,

Regs.

Dean

Sep 15, 2015
Getting a little frustrating waiting for schedules. All I know is there are games on Saturday and Sunday - but can't provide my players and parents proper info so they can plan around the rest of their kids activities.

Anyone know when this is going to rectified?

Back