Whitecaps, CWNT, McCormack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RRS, Mar 1, 2019.

Do Ciara McCormack's allegations surprise you?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2019.
  1. Yeah, what a shocker...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, not the least bit surprised...

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. RRS

RRS Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Well... there's been the blog post, the reportage, a wave of social media discussion, and editorials. Honestly, I thought there'd be something in the way of comment/discussion here by now... any thoughts, responses, etc.?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

Ratings:
    +102 / 2
    Lots of questions to be answered on ALL SIDES is my only reaction really at this point.

An aside is the Coastal / Whitecaps he said / she said unfolding. Pair this up with the couple of sexual assaults involving Whitecap employees and you have to think some heads are going to roll.

3. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 7
    Sexual assault involving Whitecaps employees!? Never heard that before!

Lenarduzzi out.

4. RRS

RRS Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Yes, there does seem to be a bit of a pattern emerging. I’m very hesitant to say there’s a “culture” with the club, as imo that would be tarring too broad a swath across too many in the organization, but there’s no doubt that there’s been some poor leadership.

Also, as a soccer parent for more than a decade, and therefore a funder of the BCSA and CSA, I’d like to know why coach “Billy” was terminated from his national team duties. But, from my experience with soccer in this province, taking responsibility, transparency, and communication are not long suits.

5. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 7
    Still wondering where this allegation of coaches sexual assault are documented other than this message board?

6. Admin

Admin Administrator

Ratings:
    +102 / 2
    If referring to my post, I didn't say coaches, said employees... though in one case, I guess youth academy players are not really employees.

7. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 7
    Where is it reported EMPLOYEES are accused of sexual assault?

8. Admin

Admin Administrator

Ratings:
    +102 / 2
  9. RRS

RRS Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Just saw that McCormack will be on Sportsnet650 tonight at 9:30 PST, if anyone’s interested.

10. LauraH

LauraH Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
  11. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 7
    I said on twitter earlier today same thing - there's no chance Coastal were the only people who knew about this. Jack Reddy clearly heard about it and said it was knowledge known throughout the community. Everyone who knew and didn't speak up is guilty. Jack spoke up to his club, but he is also guilty. He didn't speak up more and he continued to work with them.

12. bigwreck

bigwreck Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Not surprised that CM or folks involved with Coastal would have known about it. Just as a parent and over the years came to see that the soccer community is pretty small for paid coaches, TD's, and club executives.