Sunny Surrey: Pacific United Suspended

soccer mom

Sep 26, 2015
I think it's on the BC Soccer Discipline sight. There are some others that have received very lengthy suspensions before.
There has been a select few that have had suspensions publicized. mostly coaches and individuals. the most recent I am aware is when bc soccer suspended North Deltas president John Mcgrandle for 10 months for his mishandling and running that club into financial trouble. most others seem to be coaches or parents. a lot of those coaches are also exec but seem to be suspended for coaching and not management of the club.

I agree with the earlier post about silent majority needs to be less silent. if it smells like a skunk it probably is a skunk. don't sit silent and hope things work themselves out. never happens and before it's too late you see developments to a point that bc soccer needs to intervene like what has happened now with PUFC and happened last year with North Delta and seems to happen all too often.
If you are part of a club and things don't feel right it's incumbent on you as a member and your right to ask hard questions before it's too late.

soccer mom

Sep 26, 2015
If they knew what they were doing from the start, they would have gone completely private. Not built anything around, within or remotely close to BC Soccer rules and aimed their sights on a USL franchise out of Surrey with development youth teams implemented. You don't go mixing money and collaborate with a non profit organizations like B.C. Soccer and their regulations and expect to win in the end. Your going to get your balls chopped. Just think of all that long term potential they could have done with the infrastructure they had. Hire a European TD straight from Holland who knows how to build a Sports Business. Perhaps I am making some assumptions on cash flow and bending rules with non profits but from my experience they were trying to do things For-Profit but in a Not-For-Profit world.
Anything to do with soccer in bc goes through bc soccer. even if it is profit or non profit. just ask TSS people about the difficulty they have had coexisting with Bc Soccer.

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
I believe Dave Kasper who is on that list, was President of Langley United

FB1

Feb 6, 2016
If they knew what they were doing from the start, they would have gone completely private. Not built anything around, within or remotely close to BC Soccer rules and aimed their sights on a USL franchise out of Surrey with development youth teams implemented. You don't go mixing money and collaborate with a non profit organizations like B.C. Soccer and their regulations and expect to win in the end.

Can't do that. A USL franchise would require BCSA/CSA approval. That's how the soccer world works. Power rests with the national associations and their subsidiaries (provincial associations in Canada). Even a private academy would require some measure of BCSA approval otherwise your teams wouldn't be able to play anywhere. It's not a free-market system. FIFA likes it that way.

soccer mom

Sep 26, 2015
Can't do that. A USL franchise would require BCSA/CSA approval. That's how the soccer world works. Power rests with the national associations and their subsidiaries (provincial associations in Canada). Even a private academy would require some measure of BCSA approval otherwise your teams wouldn't be able to play anywhere. It's not a free-market system. FIFA likes it that way.
Yes you have to apply for membership through bc soccer. that's why a lot of non profit clubs build academies that become for profit. those academies subsidize the fall season and keeps registration down while allowing the club to buy better equipment etc. in most cases from those I have been involved in the fall season is subsidized by Academy and spring soccer.

But as just a profit Academy with no affiliation to a club it's not as easy to obtain membership.

Legend

Dec 11, 2015
Yes you have to apply for membership through bc soccer. that's why a lot of non profit clubs build academies that become for profit. those academies subsidize the fall season and keeps registration down while allowing the club to buy better equipment etc. in most cases from those I have been involved in the fall season is subsidized by Academy and spring soccer.

But as just a profit Academy with no affiliation to a club it's not as easy to obtain membership.

Where are you getting this info from? I am just curious. At times I can see why TSS took BC Soccer to court

Back