2015/2016 Sandra Duncan Cup Hosted Schedules

Discussion in 'Youth Leagues & Cups' started by Admin, Dec 30, 2015.

1. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 7
    Newton/Surrey has the biggest population. Take those kids from Surrey, put them in Maple Ridge and put the Maple Ridge kids in Surrey. See what happens to the results of those clubs.

I am not saying they don't have good players or coaching. I am saying by default they have more good players and coaching relative to the other Lower Mainland clubs.

When I hear about how teams are selected, how teams are placed in leagues, about clubs being banned - you can't convince me that things are being run well.

2. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 2
    Im with you. From the top to the bottom soccer in newton is dysfunctional regardless of accolades. There are many good people involved but also many whos motives are not pure but self serving.

Is the grass greener elsewhere? Im not so sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree For Most Part Agree For Most Part x 1
    • List
  3. WTF

WTF Active Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    Other thing is these Newton kids hardly play in other summer sport like Baseball so everything is based around soccer all year round

4. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 2
    Well except the large amount that play out of unwin who dont play soccer, but I digress.

5. WTF

WTF Active Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    TKBC , Surrey def has the biggest population of kids playing soccer in BC and majority play all year round .
    Despite the problems/politics amongst the Adults [not innocent young players] there is alot of talented players/teams based at NAP and this is proved by the number of teams in the Surrey District Finals.
    The Surrey Dist Cup is more competitive than the Coastal Cup and Provincials .

6. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 7
    Definitely. I didn't say it wasn't. I said it was down to population, not because Surrey does anything magically different than any other district re: development of players. More players = more players with talent.

7. socceroo

socceroo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    What Newton folks dont realise is that new generation of canadian born parents will always chose to go where the kids are best served. So in essence they will align their kids with BCSPL team clubs. Talent growth at Coastal and Surrey United appears stronger.

I already see Newton players at Fraser Valley SPL teams - which tells me the new generation are distancing themselves with Newton crisis.

Furthermore, if Delta and Surrey join forces to form a strong spring league which I hear is very close to be true - then the summer non-sanctioned league will fade away. The attrition effect will take over.

8. SoccerMom

SoccerMom Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 2
    I understand the bases for the statement More players = more players with talent.
    But having more players does not directly correlate to having players with more talent.

By making statements like this we are discounting clubs technical programs, coach mentoring and coach education programs which are the real reasons and the basis for the results we see at the end of each season.

9. LFC

LFC Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    NAP teams def dominate the SD cup - congratulations to all the teams .

10. Admin

Admin Administrator

Ratings:
    +94 / 2