Strongest Goalkeeper in U-14 Metro this season (2015/16)

Feb 14, 2016
Just out of curiosity which club has the strongest keeper in U-14 Metro this season. Stats are not reliable as goals against can be very reliant on the rest of the team.

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
@Born to loose- Play to win

Welcome to BCSC!

Have you seen all the keepers in the division this year? Who stood out for you?

I guess we should also ask if you are asking about the boys or girls side of Metro too :)

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Guessing parents wouldn't want their kid named on a public forum....?

Feb 14, 2016
Well, I have seen all the keepers this year for the metro boys but I may be biased :). Just wanting some outside opinions. Specific names don't have to be given i guess if it's a big deal, the club will work just fine if there is an issue with names.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Well, I have seen all the keepers this year for the metro boys but I may be biased :). Just wanting some outside opinions. Specific names don't have to be given i guess if it's a big deal, the club will work just fine if there is an issue with names.

I just saw the title of the thread and it caught my eye. I have absolutely zero knowledge of the age group, or league you are referencing. But, I have to ask "why are you asking?"

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Because he is looking for some outside opinions. Perhaps relevant opinions. As you have zero knowledge of the age group, just move on to other topics.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Because he is looking for some outside opinions. Perhaps relevant opinions. As you have zero knowledge of the age group, just move on to other topics.

I am engaging in the discussion.

I suggest he contact TD's of the various clubs and/or go watch games. Soliciting opinion of kids to strangers on the internet....probably not the best tactic. (I am referring to poaching, FYI)

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
I am engaging in the discussion.

I suggest he contact TD's of the various clubs and/or go watch games. Soliciting opinion of kids to strangers on the internet....probably not the best tactic. (I am referring to poaching, FYI)

Strongest Goalkeeper in U14 [2002 born] ? A question like that is interesting as poster could be:
A U14 goalie comparing his level with others
A parent whose goalie kid has been overlooked for a select team .
A coach looking for a top goalie for his team .

I will def keep an eye out for some U14 Boys games and post some feedback on the goalies.

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah I am not looking to "Poach". Just looking more for opinions. In my opinion the North Vancouver has a strong keeper but I think the strongest is the two for DCS.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Just looking at the boys U14 MSL standings , the 2 NAP teams are both top of their group and have by far the best goals against records - CCB conceded 11 goals & SFC conceded 12 goals. Could be 2 good goalkeepers or that both teams have good defenders.
One of the teams has conceded 67 goals and have 3 points from 19 games !!!

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Or it could mean that the top teams keep the ball really well, and don't have to defend. The bottom team could have a stellar goaltender, but play horribly in front of him.

I really have no idea, I'm just stirring the pot here ;)

FootballReligion

Feb 24, 2016
Just out of curiosity which club has the strongest keeper in U-14 Metro this season. Stats are not reliable as goals against can be very reliant on the rest of the team.
I think this is a difficult question to answer. Players develop at different rates and top players will change over the course of the season. I do agree stats do not tell the whole story. I've seen some teams with great records, but their keepers only look great on paper as they are facing 1 or 2 shots a game. What I do see is that there is not enough emphasis put on keeper training. The old "line-up and shoot" at the end of a practice does not prepare your keeper for his or her extremely important role.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
I think this is a difficult question to answer. Players develop at different rates and top players will change over the course of the season. I do agree stats do not tell the whole story. I've seen some teams with great records, but their keepers only look great on paper as they are facing 1 or 2 shots a game. What I do see is that there is not enough emphasis put on keeper training. The old "line-up and shoot" at the end of a practice does not prepare your keeper for his or her extremely important role.

Absolutely.

RCharlesworth

Sep 2, 2015
Full disclosure, my son plays goal for u14 metro. The position gets limited training time during team training. It has become incumbent upon us as parents to seek out the training. As for best keepers, I agree that the gf/ga does not paint the right picture as we have played other squads where the goalie has a strong defense, rarely touches the ball and is not challenged. I don't think you can look at that stat alone. Some of the best goalies may be on teams on the middle/bottom half of the table.

Back