Player Transfers

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Player Transfers :
Can a player transfer to another club within 2-3 hrs before the 1st game of the season ?
Is a player only allowed 1 transfer per season ?

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
The first game is the first game the player plays not necessarily the team.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Player Transfers :
Can a player transfer to another club within 2-3 hrs before the 1st game of the season ?

easoccer i didn,t really understand your answer - plz answer about above

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Player Transfers :

I think once a player registered then transfer forms are required regardless. So unless they got all the transfer docs signed 2-3 hours before the first game....

I have been wrong many times in my life and maybe transfer docs are only required after a game has been played.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I think once a player registered then transfer forms are required regardless. So unless they got all the transfer docs signed 2-3 hours before the first game....

I have been wrong many times in my life and maybe transfer docs are only required after a game has been played.

What I meant was this.

If the player did not play for your team. Even if its 5 minutes before, he can do as he wishes. He could literally walk from field 1, over to field 2 and play for the other team as long as he gave the registration form to his club. A player could even say he didnt play. This has happened. Can you prove he played? Did you take pictures? Until Oct 1st when ID's are required its very tough. I've even seen a kid play for two teams, for two clubs on the same weekend. If we didnt take pictures we would have had zero proof.

I had a player play for me over labour day weekend. Registered with my team since march. Not show up during the week and then bamn he's on the field for the opposition. I couldnt do a thing about it. Because he didnt play a single game in the fall season for my team.

Of course rules could be completely different in Metro or BCSPL.

I have also seen teams play with players on more than one team to get an advantage prior to tiering as there is not a requirement for ID cards and most referees dont collect team lists that early. No way of knowing who is on the field.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
FROM BC SOCCER:

b) A player is entitled to a transfer as hereinafter provided, by January 15th of the current year for the coastal/winter-playing season, except as provided below, and by June 30th of the current year for the interior/summer-playing season, except as provided below. A player shall not be allowed to transfer during the team's playing season without the consent of the team for which the player is registered. A player currently under suspension and seeking a transfer is not eligible to play until the suspension has been served. i) Once a team plays its first league game in the current playing season any player movement thereafter would be subject to the transfer regulation.

So as it stands. None of the regulations apply until the first game of the season is played.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
FROM BC SOCCER:

So as it stands. None of the regulations apply until the first game of the season is played.

so a player registered with a team in club A can go play for a team in club B without having to submit a transfer form as its the 1st game of the season ? And that player can submit a transfer form in time for the 2nd game next weekend ?

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Let's try and keep threads on topic - if you can't find a thread that discusses what you want to discuss, just start a new one in the relevant forum!

Only saying this as all the above posts were moved here out of the hosted schedules thread :)

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
so a player registered with a team in club A can go play for a team in club B without having to submit a transfer form as its the 1st game of the season ? And that player can submit a transfer form in time for the 2nd game next weekend ?

Please ??

Gretchen

Aug 26, 2015
Our club has told us, at a coaches meeting prior to the season starting, that all the players have been put onto teams and that those teams have already been registered with BC Soccer. Although cards will not be finished and used until October 1, the players are registered onto teams already and the only way for a player to play for a different team is to do an official transfer. In other words, no player movement without transfers, even prior to the start of the season.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Gretchen, I think your club is only partly correct. Yes they would have registered in advance of the season. But, not sure a transfer doc is required before the 1st game. The other team may simply be able to register the player as well thus cancelling out the first registration? This is a guess, and I am not a registrar....

Ethically, if you want to switch teams do the transfer doc.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I like that some clubs take charge internally and limit what can be done withing their club. This limits one team taking all the quality, being world beaters, and the other getting killed every weekend. Once the selection is done they lock the team in. However this does not affect the players movement to another cub at all.

My son's u17 team folded this year and I was panicking to find him a place to play, He was wait listed at a couple of other local clubs. Then I received an email that a spot opened up. Take my son out to the team. Talk to the coach. They had a full team, then slowly they started dropping. Players moving around wanting to play with friends, etc. His team now has 15 players. From a waitlisted team , to a 15 player roster, a week out from kickoff.

BTW I have seen many players transfer in Surrey prior to openeing weekend and they never had to do a transfer. Also, having lost players here and there, I have never filled out a transfer form at any point in the season. And if the clubs do not get along the form will time out after a few days and the district registrar will push it through regardless.

Gretchen

Aug 26, 2015
I stand corrected. I am having to do a player transfer as one quit due to work conflicts. I have been told that our district (Delta) has a deadline of September 15th to get the team lists in by, so that player cards can be made. Player transfers until then do not require paperwork. The club just needs to change the name on the team roster. After September 15th, transfers require paperwork. I do not know when the District puts in the rosters to BC Soccer.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Our club has told us, at a coaches meeting prior to the season starting, that all the players have been put onto teams and that those teams have already been registered with BC Soccer. Although cards will not be finished and used until October 1, the players are registered onto teams already and the only way for a player to play for a different team is to do an official transfer. In other words, no player movement without transfers, even prior to the start of the season.

RULE 6 - POACHING Any team and/or club, which, through its responsible officers or representatives, attempts to induce a registered player of a team under the jurisdiction of BC Soccer to leave the team before the completion of the team's league, cup or provincial cup commitments, shall be deemed to have committed an offence.

There are examples of players [ 16 yr olds ] & parents from rival teams contacting another teams players - can this be proven as poaching especially when it breaks up another team.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
It's very tough to prove. The only way is to catch the player practicing or playing with the other team prior to transfer. Or if the parent or coach admits it because they don't know the rules.

Gretchen

Aug 26, 2015
I would suggest recording phone conversations or messages left, and taking photos of players on the pitch with a team other than the one they are registered with and then report it to your own club. If more coaches and parents get actively involved in reporting this sort of behaviour, and if clubs do something about it, then there is a chance that "poaching" will decrease.
I would be curious to know which District or Club WTF is from. Our club and district do not have any rules regarding poaching but the way our team selections are made and the communications to the coaches and the way the registrar handles things, there is no room for poaching to occur.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
The rules for out of District players should be the same for BCSPL ,Metro & Div 1 etc . Currently BCSPL teams can sign unlimited players from out of District while Metro is limited to 5 players . Not sure how many out of district players are allowed in Div 1 ???

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Another problem- since Nov some BCPSL players have moved down to play for Div 1 teams and this is unfair on other teams who mix Silver players to create a Div 1 team. During the winter season , BCPL players should only be allowed to drop down to Metro or move 1 year up in Div 1 .

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I believe it is 3.
Another problem- since Nov some BCPSL players have moved down to play for Div 1 teams and this is unfair on other teams who mix Silver players to create a Div 1 team. During the winter season , BCPL players should only be allowed to drop down to Metro or move 1 year up in Div 1 .

I would suggest this is more of an issue with a team playing above their level, not neccesarily the teams who picked up the eligible players.

I believe it was said in another thread that players will play where they want, and we shouldnt hold them back, ie with friends, etc.

As long as the former BCSPL team, and the Div 1 team they are moving to, have the proper rosters within the rules, then it should be allowed. Not only that, but Metro Teams have their own rules and maybe there just wasnt a team with required spot to suit the player.

It's much less restricted in Div 5.

Back