Changes afoot south of the Fraser

rich

Aug 20, 2015
It won't happen, at the very least not this year. Delta District voted unanimously no. Rumblings out of SMSA (this is 3rd party, so take it with a grain of salt) is that they will return a no vote (split vote).

Merging would be like slapping a bandaid onto an infected wound. Doesn't solve the root issues. You can't expect Delta's influence to "fix" things. BC Soccer needs to take steps to (no, I don't know what they are) to improve the soccer landscape within SMSA.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
The real solution is to hold these clubs accountable to their actions. Hopefully the Charter will help.
Yes the conflicts run deep with the SMSA and CCB , SFC , Canadian Eagles and BC Tigers in particular. People should look the chair of SMSA , last year he came to a CCB Christmas coaches meeting trying to recruit for BC Tiger summer soccer., they were also all over the fields in Newton in Jan, Feb approaching coaches at practices and such, Canadian Eagles were doing the same all while on the CCB board during winter season. That is the type of class and etiquette these two groups have...

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
The real solution is to hold these clubs accountable to their actions. Hopefully the Charter will help.

The first stage of the club charter is excellent. It's administrative and needed. Hopefully it's enforced!

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
It won't happen, at the very least not this year. Delta District voted unanimously no. Rumblings out of SMSA (this is 3rd party, so take it with a grain of salt) is that they will return a no vote (split vote).

Merging would be like slapping a bandaid onto an infected wound. Doesn't solve the root issues. You can't expect Delta's influence to "fix" things. BC Soccer needs to take steps to (no, I don't know what they are) to improve the soccer landscape within SMSA.

So a merger is a definite no for the coming fall ? would be great if BC Soccer intervenes and makes the meger happen

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I expect both districts have the very same issues, one is not in less need of a "band aid" than the other. What I hope it would help with is the pack mentality, and annual coup attempts that happen at the District AGM's around here.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Yes the conflicts run deep with the SMSA and CCB , SFC , Canadian Eagles and BC Tigers in particular. People should look the chair of SMSA , last year he came to a CCB Christmas coaches meeting trying to recruit for BC Tiger summer soccer., they were also all over the fields in Newton in Jan, Feb approaching coaches at practices and such, Canadian Eagles were doing the same all while on the CCB board during winter season. That is the type of class and etiquette these two groups have...

Now recruitment will begin for the BC Tigers winter club !

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
How is this different from any other club?
for starters clubs outside of Newton do not wander the fields during training sessions looking to persuade coaches or parents to come to their club, offer up empty promises and the like. But lets keep sticking our heads in the sand like everything is ok and on the up and up. Yes I am making strong statements about the ethics of Newton based clubs, and they are all true. You are right in that the three groups are all the same I will add that one of the three is a larger monster.... I digress....

SoccerMom

Jan 27, 2016
for starters clubs outside of Newton do not wander the fields during training sessions looking to persuade coaches or parents to come to their club, offer up empty promises and the like. But lets keep sticking our heads in the sand like everything is ok and on the up and up. Yes I am making strong statements about the ethics of Newton based clubs, and they are all true. You are right in that the three groups are all the same I will add that one of the three is a larger monster.... I digress....

Well Said.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I coached in newton for 4 years. Of those 4 fall 2014 was the only time i was ever approached to join either eagles or bc tigers.

More often than not coaches approach the spring clubs themselves to see who can support them best. Not the other way around. The previous 2 years i registered for a full year and played ccb in the fall and tigers in the summer.

I would suspect this approaching of teams has decreased considerably since the seperation.

I do know that there is conflict between coaches and players at sfc now that teams have joined together and loyalties lie between the tigers and temple united. We'll see how that plays out. Probably a lot like ccb/tigers the previous year.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
I do know that there is conflict between coaches and players at sfc now that teams have joined together and loyalties lie between the tigers and temple united. We'll see how that plays out. Probably a lot like ccb/tigers the previous year.
Surprise , surprise and the Monster shows his ugly head again, now tearing apart another club..... same people behind it all........ next year they will take over PUFC or is it BC Tigers FC , either way ........
Funny how these same people try to control the summer soccer USSL /USSA as well......

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015

LOL probably because most cities don't have 2-3 clubs within 10 minute drive of each other nor share fields ;)

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
LOL probably because most cities don't have 2-3 clubs within 10 minute drive of each other nor share fields ;)
Actually 3 clubs at the same complex - Newton Athletic Park !

LFC

Aug 23, 2015

BC Tigers only lasted for less than a season at SFC & many teams were split last Aug/Sep when they moved to SFC .
Now the BC Tigers will be pulling all their teams out from SFC which will cause conflict for sure.

socceroo

Sep 21, 2015
Any update from BC Soccer and Surrey Delta districts meeting?
Heard that it was going to happen about making it one.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Any update from BC Soccer and Surrey Delta districts meeting?
Heard that it was going to happen about making it one.

There,s been very little news coming out about the merger of the SMSA with Delta . If it doesn,t come soon , BC Soccer still needs to sort out the SMSA or take it over to ensure transparency & equality for all clubs / players in the Surrey District. Submitting teams for Metro should go direct to the Metro Leage

Mar 23, 2016
Surprise , surprise and the Monster shows his ugly head again, now tearing apart another club..... same people behind it all........ next year they will take over PUFC or is it BC Tigers FC , either way ........
Funny how these same people try to control the summer soccer USSL /USSA as well......
Rumor is that same ppl that tried to take over CCB last year are now trying to take over PUFC. Same cast different movie

soccer mom

Sep 26, 2015
not sure as a Surrey parent I want anything to do with North Delta Youth Soccer. The President was suspended from BC Soccer for a very long time. BC Soccer Discipline has all suspensions posted and as a result the club has been without a President all year making them as dysfunctional as anything you see in Surrey. Let them stay in Delta District.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Surreys mess has been in the public eye over the past year, but if you think this stuff doesnt happen elsewhere I think you are quite naive.

Back